[syslinux] Syslinux 5.00-pre6: call it a beta

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Sat Jun 30 09:50:00 PDT 2012

Hallo, H. Peter,

Du meintest am 29.06.12:

>> There seems to be a problem ...
>>
>> Compiling (with the options of 4.05) worked well.
>> Installing worked.
>>
>> Booting with the CD (isolinux):
>>
>>   ISOLINUX 5.00 ...
>>   Undef symbol FAIL: vesacom_set_background
>>   boot:
>>
>> The vesa menu is not shown, but <tab> shows the options, and then
>> booting goes on.
>>
>> Who or what produces the error message? Which files should I show or
>> change?

[...]

> Make sure you have the library .c32 modules installed.  In
> particular, I suspect you either don't have libcom32.c32 or don't
> have ldlinux.c32 in your system...

Both files exist, among many other *.c32 files in "/isolinux".

I've just tried the same procedure with "syslinux-4.05" (with the
"official" slackware packet):

copy "<packet>/usr/share/sylinux" over "<CD>/isolinux" (over syslinux
3.84); burn the CD, boot: all works fine.

Who or what produces the "vesacom_set_background" error message?

I'd prefer working with "vesamenu" instead of pure CLI ...

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut