[syslinux] Syslinux is now participating in GSoC 2012

Erwan Velu erwanaliasr1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 01:37:49 PDT 2012

On my side, I would had loved improving HDT (one of the com32 module) to
add this features :

- lwip support
- http/ftp/whatever  information push
- tinyurl generation to share hw reporting

That's a short project but could be lovely.

The other thought I have would be having a generic SCSI driver level to
gain the ATA identification process, smart support, ...
That would also help HDT solving very high demanded features.

My plan for HDT is being a great source for kernel.org people getting
complete hw report to share easily some configurations even if the hw is
not booting on the current developped kernel.