[syslinux] tftp with pxelinux.0 from syslinux 4.10-pre17

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Tue Mar 27 01:24:04 PDT 2012

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> on Mon, 2012/03/26 15:38:

> >> Any news on this one?
> >
> > This is still an issue for me. Anybody working on that?
>
> It has gotten buried on my TODO list, but it's very important since it
> probably has a good hint of the bug(s) that are still preventing 4.10
> from being product-worthy.

Just wanted to make sure this is not forgotten. ;)
Let me know if you need any more information, network dumps, whatever.

By the way, I found a workaround: Loading ipxe kernel from pxelinux' menu via
tftp, which then fetches linux kernel and initrd via http.
This gives about 300kB extra data and an additional dhcp handshake, but it's
worth the effort on networks with high latencies.
--
Best regards,
Chris