[syslinux] Defect ISO generation after yum upgrade

Morten B. Christensen mbc at c-team.dk
Thu Mar 29 04:23:59 PDT 2012

[cid:9FBAC256-5A30-4061-B74E-53A6B7B3D7BA at c-team.local]

Hi all,

Our own appliance is a Linux Kernel and 2 initrd files for filesystem - one system and one config partition. After the yum upgrade on our build machine ISO files are generated but useless. I you are able to see the picture I would like to know "who" writes the -

Is it the kernel already loading the cpio+gzip'ed file or is it still isolinux.

This script generates new ISO files
#!/bin/bash
BUILDPATH=/proxygen
GENERATEDPATH=/var/www/html/proxy/generated

# if build command contains buildsystem a new system is build
if [[ $@ = *buildsystem* ]]; then
 # Build initramfs
 rm -f $BUILDPATH/boot/system.igz
 chown -R 0:0 $BUILDPATH/system
 cd $BUILDPATH/system
 find . -print0 | cpio --null -ov --format=newc | gzip > $BUILDPATH/boot/system.igz
fi

# Build file containing config
rm -f $BUILDPATH/boot/config.igz
cd $BUILDPATH/config
find . -print0 | cpio --null -ov --format=newc | gzip > $BUILDPATH/boot/config.igz

# Build ISO
cd $BUILDPATH/boot
mkisofs -o $GENERATEDPATH/$1.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -r -l -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table .

isolinux.cfg
prompt 0
default 1

label 1
    kernel /isolinux/linux.c32
    append /KERNEL/26372 mem=256M retain_initrd rw
    INITRD /system.igz,/config.igz

Screenshot from an open ISO file
system.igz is there, I have tried gunzip the file and cpio extracted it, everything is perfect.
[cid:F508840C-747D-4B9E-BD68-9A9D55BA8D58 at c-team.local]

What has happened that breaks our ISO build process ?

Thanks

Morten