[syslinux] Defect ISO generation after yum upgrade

Morten B. Christensen mbc at c-team.dk
Thu Mar 29 09:39:19 PDT 2012

Hi Andrew,

You did hit it spot on !!!

I had build a new version of our appliance and a week before upgraded from vmware fusion 3 to 4, everything else works on fusion 4. Sun Virtualbox drives the appliance without any problem.

I have no idea why my own version of linux doesn't run on fusion when other does. My appliance has a single VERY SIMPLE kernel and a 24MB big initramfs - it might be the big initfile that does the difference.

But anyhows it would be great if isolinux had a bigger vocabulary - I've seen the error message 'Loading failed' used to many times. I guess it's the kernel thats actually producing the error message but don't know for sure.

THANKS THANKS