[syslinux] Support for boot WinCE from disk

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 04:09:47 PDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 13:35, Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to use syslinux to boot WinCE from local disk. Is there support for it?
>
> If there're, is there any documentation about how it can be done?

I think the question seems a little vague.  Assuming you're on an
x86-compatible and an x86-compatible variant of WinCE exists, it could
be booted if 1) chain.c32 can use it by one of its methods (boot
MBR/VBR of any partition OR load file from current file system and
boot;  DOS can be booted by either).  2) it can be loaded like a Linux
kernel (unlikely).

--
-Gene