[syslinux] Support for boot WinCE from disk

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sat Mar 31 04:47:12 PDT 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 08:09, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 13:35, Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>> If there're, is there any documentation about how it can be done?
>
> I think the question seems a little vague.  Assuming you're on an
> x86-compatible and an x86-compatible variant of WinCE exists, it could
> be booted if 1) chain.c32 can use it by one of its methods (boot
> MBR/VBR of any partition OR load file from current file system and
> boot;  DOS can be booted by either).  2) it can be loaded like a Linux
> kernel (unlikely).

We're doing the development of an WinCE image for an x86-compatible
machine. It does boot with the Microsoft boot loader but we'd like to
use syslinux for it.

Chainload is not the better alternative for our case but we do need to
load it and boot.

Is there any documentation or reference about a non-Linux loader I can
use while writting the loader for it?

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br