[syslinux] The Com32 Binary

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sun May 6 20:57:30 PDT 2012

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Onan Farabi <farabionan at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, Im sorry for causing the confusion.
> I need the com32 lib as a single binary file, so I can use it. I tried to
> compile the lib, but I failed. I dont know what compiler should I use. Maybe
> anyone can suggest a SDK for this?

That has me even more confused.  What purpose?

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Onan Farabi <farabionan at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, SOrry for causing a confusion.
> I need the com32 lib as a single binary file so I can use it. I tried to
> compile it with GCC but I failed. I dont know how to setup the environtment.
> Maybe you can suggest me an article to do that?

Did you install all of the prerequisites (documented in a text file in
the tree and binary/source archive) and run make from the top first
and incorporate your new COM32 into the Makefiles?  There is a single
binary that's built but my understanding is that it's equivalent to
you asking for all of glibc to be built in 1 immense binary for Linux
on i386 (yes, kernel and CPU specific).

To my knowledge, that binary and COM32s will be useless outside of a
Syslinux environment of any variant.