[syslinux] The Com32 Binary

Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Sun May 6 22:01:11 PDT 2012

On 5/6/2012 11:31, Onan Farabi wrote:
> Hi all, I need the Com32 binary so I can use it on my project. Or,
> maybe anyone can make the COM32 library as a single API file so I can
> easly call it after my .c32 is running?

When you build a COMBOOT32 program (.c32), I believe the library is
linked to it.  That is to say, I believe that all .c32 modules have the
library linked to it.  If you are developing your own COMBOOT32 module,
please mimic the 'make' process that the included COMBOOT32 modules use.

Please see syslinux/com32/lib/Makefile and look for libcom32.a.  Please
review syslinux/com32/sysdump/ as an example of a COMBOOT32 module in
its own directory, with its own Makefile.  Other examples are in
syslinux/com32/samples/

Alternatively, you could describe the problem you are actually trying to
solve, which leads you to think that you "need the Com32 binary so" you
"can use it on" your "project".

- Shao Miller