[syslinux] Boot sector file testcases

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon May 14 10:28:04 PDT 2012

On 05/14/2012 12:42 AM, Matt Fleming wrote:
> Does anyone have a collection of bootable .bs, .bss, .bin and .img files
> that I could use for testing the booting functionality on the elflink
> branch? A copy of the files and config file lines should be enough to
> produce a testcase.

It's not quite that simple.  Those files are highly interlinked with the
rest of the media they are running on.

The simplest one is .0 for network, which you can simply do by
re-loading pxelinux.0:

label restart
	pxe pxelinux.0

... and it should be able to re-chain indefinitely.  In particular, the
load address should be the same every time (if it is decreasing
numerically every time, the PXE stack is failing to unload.)

Let me look to see what I have in that department.