[syslinux] Manually copy over ldlinux.sys

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sun May 20 05:59:17 PDT 2012

On May 19, 2012 10:56 PM, "Ryan Kuba" <ryankuba at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well the machines in the field are Ubuntu 8.04 32 bit. And I am unable

> As I am pushing around a 250 Meg file here I will just have to build
> the extlinux package from source for 8.04 and bundle it, unless
> someone knows of a deb that has already been built for hardy?

Depending on the versions, that's a challenge.  In Ubuntu's repo, it should
exist.  Building 4.xx requires a nasm update first.  The prebuilt binaries
in the binary/source archive should work in Ubuntu-8.04.

> This seems like the easiest option. When I initially asked this
> question I did not realize the VBR was so machine/hard drive specific.

Close.  I'd call it file system install instance specific.  If you clone or
move the enclosing partition (same size, different start sector), it
doesn't change.  Upgrade and it may change.  Install to a new directory and
it will almost certainly change.

> I appreciate the suggestions.

You're welcome.

--Gene