[syslinux] Syslinux 4.10-pre20

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed May 30 02:54:45 PDT 2012

On May 30, 2012 3:30 AM, "Shantanu Gadgil" <shantanugadgil at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

HPA, I have access to hardware similar to Shantanu's.  I've noticed forcing
polling help until it ran "out of memory" somewhere.  I've been working on
enhancing the serial debug output to trace this issue and duplicate most of
the console output.

Workaround proposal: before timing out on the first file, attempt to fetch
pxelinux.0 (name built from packets as appropriate).  If successful, resume
(tftpd likely doesn't say it doesn't exist).  If unsuccessful, turn on
polling and try again.  If successful after polling, retry first file and
resume.  If unsuccessful, disable polling and let it flail (no easy
determination here; the packets are likely at least a partial lie for how
we really loaded).

--Gene