[syslinux] Syslinux 4.10-pre20

Shantanu Gadgil shantanugadgil at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 23:12:41 PDT 2012

--- On Thu, 5/31/12, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:

> From: H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com>
> Subject: Re: [syslinux] Syslinux 4.10-pre20
> To: syslinux at zytor.com
> Date: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 3:01 AM
> On 05/29/2012 11:29 PM, Shantanu
> Gadgil wrote:
> >
> > Still no luck with builds 4.10-pre21 and 4.10-pre22.
> > 4.06-pre5 (five) works OK.
> >

> Any way you would be able to test downloading over http
> instead of tftp
> with -pre22?

Maybe a dumb question ...  By testing HTTP download you mean the vmlinuz and initrd (OS installation) over HTTP, right? Something like the following snippet. (and you are not talking about pxelinux.0 download right?)

I have assumed so far that the only way that the pxelinux.0 file is retrieved (by the client's PXE ROM) is using TFTP (and TFTP only!)

Is that correct?

--- snip ---
label   my_http_install
menu label MY_HTTP INSTALL