[syslinux] Syslinux 4.10-pre20

Shantanu Gadgil shantanugadgil at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 04:37:29 PDT 2012

--- On Thu, 5/31/12, Geert Stappers <stappers at stappers.nl> wrote:

> Correct. BootROM gets pxelinux.0 over TFTP.
> pxelinux.0 gets kernel and initrd over HTTP.
>
> > I have assumed so far that the only way that the
> pxelinux.0 file is
> > retrieved (by the client's PXE ROM) is using TFTP (and
> TFTP only!)
> >
> > Is that correct?
>
> A while ago it was correct. Syslinux did grew meanwhile.
> The '(and TFTP only!)' is gone  :-)

Yeah, Just as I had thought. (by client, I meant ROM on LAN card)

For the HTTP part, I have been following what happened with gpxe and how the HTTP client code is now part of pxelinux itself. etc. etc. :) :)

Not to digress, but I asked that question "just to be sure" :) :)

Thanks and Regards,
Shantanu

P.S.
As usual, eagerly (and patiently) waiting for the HTTP bits to start working properly! ;) :)