[syslinux] Syslinux-5.00-pre9

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Thu Nov 1 15:17:15 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-11-01 at 19:35 +0100, Bernd Blaauw wrote:
> Your mentioning of hugely increased disk sizes for each binary isn't
> that positive either in deciding to switch or not, as I sometimes add
> syslinux to bootdisks.

All the .c32 files together in the 5.00-pre9 release amount to 150M. In
4.06 they're 105M. We're not talking about a huge increase here, since
you're unlikely to include *all* the .c32 modules.

> If files are getting quite a larger disk-size anyway it might be easier
> for non-CD to stick to using some version of GRUB.

We're not talking megabytes here. No file is over 736KB and that's
libcom32.c32, the biggest file in the release. New features are
obviously going to result in bigger object files.

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center