[syslinux] State of memdisk-acpi

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:18:43 PST 2012

On 11/7/2012 16:58, Sebastian Herbszt wrote:

> Seems i misinterpreted the goal of memdisk-acpi.

I can't suggest what hpa had as a goal, but I do remember discussing the
device-enumeration subject with him.

> I hoped memdisk-acpi would allow me to get memdisk parameters on windows
> from user space with GetSystemFirmwareTable.

I finished writing an NT physical memory driver several days ago and it
works.  It's just a matter of porting the DOS mdiskchk, now.  You can
see (and hopefully compile) the driver at
git://git.zytor.com/users/sha0/mdiskchk_win.git

> Linux provides 'acpi:HPA0001' as modalias.

Cool.  I'll have to find out what you are talking about. :)

- Shao Miller