[syslinux] Syslinux-5.00-pre10

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Wed Nov 14 02:10:39 PST 2012

I know everyone is itching to test out another prerelease, and there's
been quite a lot of activity since the last one. The shortlog is
appended below.

The feedback from testing the previous prereleases has been really
constructive, so thanks to everyone for that. That feedback has been
addressed in some of the commits listed below, but it's not all bug
fixes, we've also got some new features and modules, such as Shao's new
hexdump.c32 module and initrdfile= support for the linux.c32 module, as
well as strerror cleanups from Gene (we've now got a *decent* strerror()
implementation).

This won't be the last 5.00 prerelease as we're aware of a resource leak
bug and there's a couple of items on my TODO list that I wanted to
implement before the final 5.00 release (merging the linux.c32 module
and ldlinux kernel loading code for one). But I don't want to drag these
prereleases out forever, so if you are able to test please do so.

---

Gene Cumm (3):
      strerror: Use klibc version
      com32 strerror: add errlist.o to Make
      com32 strerror(): Remove macro WITH_ERRLIST use

Matt Fleming (18):
      pxe: Don't call open_config() from the pxe core
      ldlinux: Print a warning if no config file is found
      ldlinux: Fix logic if no DEFAULT or UI directive is found
      ldlinux: get_key() requires raw access to user input
      com32: Include .init_array section in .ctors in linker script
      CLI: Fix command history traversal
      win: Fix installing to a directory
      win: Print error message if we fail to install to --directory
      CLI: Add Ctrl + V support for printing the Syslinux version
      linux.c32: Add find_arguments function
      extlinux: Avoid dereferencing a garbage pointer
      Merge branch 'multi_initrd2-5.00-pre9' of git://git.zytor.com/users/sha0/syslinux into elflink
      Merge branch 'hexdump' of git://git.zytor.com/users/sha0/syslinux into elflink
      Merge branch 'strerror-for-mfleming' of git://github.com/geneC/syslinux into elflink
      menu: Inherit parent menu title
      mk: Add Makefile variable for python
      ldlinux: Delete inaccurate 'insufficient memory' message
      ldlinux: Delete dead code and useless printf

Shao Miller (6):
      linux.c32: Move some initrd=x,y,z code out of main
      linux.c32: Add new initrd+= option for multiple initrds
      linux.c32: Introduce initrdfile= option
      initramfs chain handling: Accounting fixes for padding, etc.
      hexdump.c32: Simple file hex-dumper
      core: Fix realloc() code transcription error

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center