[syslinux] Using NIC-Specific Information to Choose a Config-File

Torgeir.Wulfsberg at kongsberg.com Torgeir.Wulfsberg at kongsberg.com
Fri Nov 23 00:54:14 PST 2012

Hi!

That seems to do what I need. But I have one question.
This works fine for my Broadcom "deviation". Let's say filename: 10222000

"10222000" with content:
   DEFAULT install
   LABEL install
     PXE undionly.kpxe

What about everyone else?
We have lots of different NIC's, would I need one deviation file for each of them (that is a mission impossible)?

Or could nictype.c32 have a default fallback?

If not config file for next card 10111333 exists (or just all of them), load nictype.default which contains my other config.

"nictype.default" with content:
   DEFAULT install
   LABEL install
     PXE ipxe.pxe

Thank you for taking time to reply back. I really appreciate your help :)

--Torgeir