[syslinux] Using NIC-Specific Information to Choose a Config-File

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 01:10:36 PST 2012

Good day again, Ady.

I think either your e-mail client or mine is removing the space between "a"
and "Config-File" in the e-mail subject.  That's the second time I've seen
it disappear when your e-mail comes in.  Anyway, back to your main
suggestion...

I like it.

I think '--config' will be mutually exclusive with a '--label'.  Then a
'--fallback <label>' will go in there, too, in case the label VVVVDDDD or
the config-file VVVVDDDD isn't found.  It should be easy to maintain a
single fallback label in the same config-file as nictype.c32 is used in.

The only concern I have at this time is about setting the standard in stone
for using VVVVDDDD.  There might be a better consideration for the label
namespace; maybe something like 'pcinicVVVVDDDD'.  Actually, typing all that
wouldn't be a picnic; very dreadful?

- Shao Miller