[syslinux] Using NIC-Specific Information to Choose a Config-File

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 09:52:25 PST 2012

Regarding using wildcard-matching with nictype.c32:

I feel that some feature requests for Syslinux could probably best be
handled with lua scripting, but I wrote nictype.c32 because it seemed like
it could be a frequent enough use-case to warrant a "shortcut."

I like the label idea and I think a fall-back probably needs to be
implemented, but I don't understand an actual use for matching only portions
of VVVVDDDD.

In my experience, I've used PCI IDs to make exceptions for bugs or drivers,
but these subjects don't seem to usually correlate to a sub-pattern found in
VVVVDDDD; only the whole.  If someone has a counter-example, I'd like to
learn about it.

- Shao Miller