[syslinux] pkg-config

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Nov 26 14:28:26 PST 2012

On 11/10/2012 04:04 AM, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2012, Shao Miller wrote more as:
>>
>> Does anyone know of a clever, Linux-distribution-independent way to find out
>> where MinGW has its lib/ and include/ dirs?  Right now, I've hard-coded the
>> path for Fedora 17 in the Makefiles.
>>

> #
> #  pkg-config
> #
> CFLAGS=$(shell pkg-config --cflags uuid )
> LIBS=$(shell pkg-config --libs uuid )
>
> proofofconcept:
> 	echo PoC ${CFLAGS}  ${LIBS}
>
> # last line of this Makefile

Slightly confused... what is this needed for?  In most cases you
shouldn't need this, and instead should let the MinGW gcc pick up the
proper headers.

Either way, if you know the appropriate name for gcc (as found by
find-mingw32.sh and find-mingw64.sh) you can do:

$(GCC) -print-search-dirs | sed -e 's/^libraries: =//p' -e d

... to get a colon-separated list of library directories.

Unfortunately I don't know of a way to get the full include path.