[syslinux] any plans for UTF8 in vesamenu.c32?

Uwe Galle UweGalle at gmx.de
Tue Oct 2 02:18:13 PDT 2012

OK. According to the german Umlaute that are displayed correctly now
Syslinux uses IBM codepage 850 by default. Windows uses ISO 8859-1, that's
why the mismatch. I simply have to save the configuration file in Windows
with IBM codepage 850. Can you confirm that Syslinux uses IBM codepage 850
by default? I didn't check all the characters. Perhaps it only uses the
current BIOS codepage. A small note in the Syslinux doc would be helpful for
new users.

But nevertheless it would be nice to know where are the psf files that can
be loaded in Syslinux.