[syslinux] any plans for UTF8 in vesamenu.c32?

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 02:34:46 PDT 2012

> From: UweGalle at gmx.de
> To: syslinux at zytor.com
> Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 09:11:46 +0200
> Subject: Re: [syslinux] any plans for UTF8 in vesamenu.c32?
>
> Keyboard doesn't matter for me. I simply need some menus with german
> characters that I can use with arrow and Enter keys.

I don't see your problem in SYSLINUX.
Just to be sure, I just tested this in a syslinux.cfg file using menu.c32
 booted with SYSLINUX 4.05.
   *** START OF CFG FILE ***
UI menu.c32
LABEL hello
MENU LABEL ü ä ö
# I don't know how this email will be displayed
# but the above is supposed to be 0x81 0x84 0x94
# and that's how I see it in my syslinux resulting menu.
COM32 hello.c32
   *** END OF CFG FILE ***
So menu.c32 booted with SYSLINUX is OK (it displays the desired characters
 in the boot menu). I haven't tested vesamenu.c32 nor PXELINUX.
Is the issue only present when booting with PXELINUX?
Is the issue only present when using VESAmenu.c32?