[syslinux] Error 0400

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Sat Oct 6 06:29:00 PDT 2012

Hallo, Gene,

Du meintest am 06.10.12:

> Also, could you give details about the PC (make, model, BIOS rev)?
> I'd lean towards you're crossing over the bounds of the BIOS's USB
> boot capabilities and your image is likely over 4 GiB (or possibly
> even erroring over 2GiB).

Machine: Thinkpad T43
         BIOS 1.28 (1YET64WW)
         BIOS Date 2006-07-07
         EC Version 1.06

USB Stick: Kingston 4 GByte DataTraveler
(this stick boots this machine with other contents)

Image size: reduced for testing USB boot only: 120 MByte
            full *.iso                       : 800 MByte

If you want to test: zipped *.iso (more than 700 MByte) at
        http://arktur.shuttle.de/CD/stabil/iso/ods-v5.3.05.zip

Short version (only for testing if it boots)

        ftp://hullen.hopto.org/ctods-kurz.iso
        from 06 to 19 o'clock UTC

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut