[syslinux] Error 0400

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 6 09:28:54 PDT 2012

> Hallo, Ady,
>
> Du meintest am 06.10.12:
>
> >>   ISOLINUX 4.04 ...
> >>   EDD: Error 0400 reading sector ...
> >>   No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!
> >>
> >> What goes wrong?
>
> Some of my USB sticks are rotten - I've just found a stick which works like a charme.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Viele Gruesse!
> Helmut

Hello Helmut,

You should still use UI vesamenu.c32 anyway. That's the adequate
directive for your case.

Additionally, current ISOLINUX is capable of finding
"/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg" as well as your
"/isolinux/isolinux.cfg". So to reduce potential problems, I would
suggest using "/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg" in the ISO image (and no
"/isolinux/" directory), then adapt any scripts to it, then mkisofs
and then isohybrid. It should work for CD and for USB drives.

Best Regards,
Ady.