[syslinux] Mailer (was: Error 0400)

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 18:47:16 PDT 2012

On Oct 6, 2012 10:43 AM, "Ady" <ady-sf at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Ady, Is this the default behavior of your mailer (X-mailer: Pegasus
> > Mail for Windows (4.63))?  Most mailers I've seen don't expose headers
> > like that into the body.
> >
> > --
> > -Gene
>
> Hi Gene,
>
> I keep testing different settings in Pegasus to make it work as I
> webmail directly, not using Pegasus.
>
> When I change the initial lines of the original email (not the
> subject), sometimes I see the reply listed in the mailing list as a
> new thread, as oppose to a reply to an existing email thread. The
> quirks include the incorrect time of the email, among others.
>
> In addition, when HPA sends an email to the ML, the reply-to address
> somehow turns into his personal address, instead of the ML address,
> so if I pay enough attention, I change it manually back to the ML
> address before sending such reply. This has been reported also by
> others, but has been (recently) discarded by mods, so maybe this is
> also about some wrong configuration on my side (?).

Yes and no.  Perhaps when the message is sent by HPA with you directly
addressed (to: or cc:) that your mailer doesn't see the reply-to the same.
I know I defaulted my reply action to reply-all in Gmail several years ago
and it helps.

> After changing my settings again and again, I eventually hope to see
> the correct effect and find the adequate combination of settings.
>
> I apologize if my email settings are causing any inconvenience,
> Ady.

It's only a mild inconvenience.  I also included the details if anyone may
have had hints.

--
-Gene