[syslinux] Syslinux 4.06-pre12

Paulo Alcantara pcacjr at zytor.com
Tue Oct 9 14:01:44 PDT 2012

Hi Matt,

From: Matt Fleming <matt at console-pimps.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 21:05:10 +0100

> As I understood it, the problem is that the NTFS code doesn't handle a
> fragmented MFT. Paulo, do you think this is important enough to fix
> before the final 4.06 release? Or is the use case special enough that we
> can fix it later?

Well, ideally we should fix it before the final 4.06 release - however I hadn't
any time to take a look at it yet. AFAIK it's not a common case to get the MFT
fragmented (correct me if I'm wrong), so I guess we could just fix it after the
final release.

Besides, depending on how much it will take to get the final release and if I
get some free time, I may fix it before.

Shao and Gert, any suggestions about this ?

		Paulo