[syslinux] Syslinux 4.06-pre12

Paulo Alcantara pcacjr at zytor.com
Wed Oct 10 14:07:11 PDT 2012

Hi Matt,

From: Matt Fleming <matt at console-pimps.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:02:10 +0100

> Paulo, Shao seemed to think that fixing the fragmented $MFT case would
> require enough reworking of the current NTFS code that it would make
> more sense to postpone it until after 4.06 is out, especially given that
> it's going to require extensive testing.
>
> What do you think?

Looks acceptable to me. The fix for the fragemnted $MFT issue in my point of
view does not seem to need a lot of reworking in the current NTFS code. The
problem is that the $MFT isn't being treated as a normal file as it should, for
example, we should be parsing data runs for handling the case where it is not
contiguous on disk or and other relevant informations.

He's already working on a separete branch and I'll be helping him with (since
I'll have Friday, Saturday and Sunday for working with him on this).

		Paulo