[syslinux] Syslinux 4.06-pre12

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Thu Oct 11 02:27:31 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 17:04 -0400, Shao Miller wrote:
> Actually, the problem with packing is not limited to the Win32 installer nor
> the MinGW compiler.  I think it needs fixing if we intend for anyone using
> 4.7.0 to get the packing in all of the source code right.  - Shao

Hmm.. are you sure about that? As I understood it, the issue is that the
default command-line options for the mingw compilers was changed in GCC
4.7. Syslinux-4.06-pre11 was built on a Fedora 17 machine which includes
GCC 4.7, but the only breakage I heard of was in the win* installers -
the rest of the code builds fine.

The mingw compilers are only used to build the code in win, win32 and
win64, no?

Am I missing something?

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center