[syslinux] Final line of menu selectable even if it is disabled

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 12 08:01:26 PDT 2012

Subject:	Re: [syslinux] Final line of menu selectable even if it is disabled
Date sent:	Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:53:15 +0100

> The way to trigger it is to have a config file with more menu entries
> than fit on your screen. If you have a config with lots of entries and
> all but the first were disabled, hitting PGDN would scroll to the next
> screen and highlight the last disabled entry.
>
> --
> Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center

I was able to confirm that with more menu entries than the rows
available (and I use a negative value for ROWS in my cfg file), all
those keys are still capable of selecting the "last (disabled)
entry".

But in addition, the same keys also can "continue" one more step. For
example, if I press the RIGHT arrow until the last menu entry gets
selected (which has MENU DISABLE, so it shouldn't get the selection),
I can still press the same RIGHT arrow once more and the selection
jumps again to the last "enabled" entry, even when such entry is
actually located up (or before) the real last entry of the list.

I'm not sure if I am being clear. Let me know if I wasn't.

Regards,
Ady.