[syslinux] Syslinux-4.06-pre14

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 16:07:34 PDT 2012

On 10/15/2012 16:01, Ady wrote:
> Now, I wonder what about Paulo and Shao's work on fragmented MFT.
>
> There are "./core/fs/ntfs/", "./win32/ntfstest/" and
> "./win64/ntfstest/" directories. I would guess that the "test" part
> of the directory names is more appropriate for now?

Those items are not new.

'ntfstest' is just a program which exercises some of the same logic as
the Windows installer.  Due to its small size and usefulness for
examining NTFS file fragments, it's in Syslinux. That program is
unrelated to the Syslinux NTFS logic in core/fs/ntfs/

A couple of areas for improvement in core/fs/ntfs/ have been identified,
and we could see those improvements for the next Syslinux release.

- Shao Miller