[syslinux] pxelinux 512MB limitation ?

LinuxByExamples linuxbyexamples at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 20:57:06 PDT 2012

Hi,

This is the first time I use syslinux mailing list, so I am sorry if I
have made any mistake.

Well, I follow this post :
http://www.linuxbyexamples.net/2012/08/boot-winxp-from-http-server.html

and I can successfully boot into winxp using gpxelinux.0 loading vhd
image through http.

This works well.

But when the vhd image getting bigger than 512MB (I added some more
files into the image), the booting proccess fail at the loading the
image step. Then I try boot the image on usb disk (without using
gpxelinux.0 and http) -> it works !

So I guess the problem is somewhere in gpxelinux.0, it looks like that
it can not load the image bigger than 512MB ?

I have send question for the gPXE mailing list as :
http://etherboot.org/pipermail/gpxe/2012-October/001844.html

Shao tells me that it is maybe problem in pxelinux, so I ask the question here.

Hope you pro can help me overcome this limitation.

Brs.