[syslinux] Cross-compiling syslinux

Richard H Lee ricardohenrylee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 12:55:53 PDT 2012

I would like to know if it is possible to cross compile syslinux for a
different architecture than the host (given a suitable toolchain)?

I know currently the build system does not differentiate host and target
as stated in build.mk . However I can see in the main Makefile the
targets seem to be split into two groups: binary components and
installer components.

I was wondering if it were possible to specify one toolchain in
syslinux.mk for the binary components and only building them. And then
doing another run with the host toolchain, this time only building the
installer part?

I had a look at the win32 Makefile, but it seems to use a completely
difference procedure.