[syslinux] Cross-compiling syslinux

Richard H Lee ricardohenrylee at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 17:28:31 PDT 2012

On 24/10/2012 23:56, Shao Miller wrote:
> Do you have an example environment that I could try to reproduce?

Sorry, I should have indicated which platform on my original email.

I'm compiling on cygwin. I'm targeting the syslinux installer for cygwin
as well. Targeting the actual syslinux itself for x86 machines.

I know there is a mingw compiled syslinux, but people who spend most of
their time in cygwin, it makes more sense to use a cygwin native
syslinux installer than a mingw installer. Especially when you can use
cygwin's /dev/sda notation as opposed to window's X: .

I've already built a cross compiler so that the gcc on cygwin can output
ELF rather than PE32 for the syslinux itself. But I also still need PE32
for the syslinux installer running on cygwin.

Could you also please tell me the process for compiling for win32/mingw?
I'm assuming this is a 2-step process as mingw-gcc can't output ELF.