[syslinux] Final line of menu selectable even if it is disabled

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 08:28:04 PDT 2012

> From: matt.sephton at gmail.com
> Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 10:53:41 +0100
> To: Syslinux at zytor.com
> Subject: [syslinux] Final line of menu selectable even if it is disabled
>
> I have a menu conf as follows:
>
> LABEL enabled, use as item
> LABEL disabled, use as description
> SEPARATOR
> LABEL enabled, use as item
> LABEL disabled, use as description
>
> In this situation, I expect the cursors to be able to select from only the two enabled lines.
>
> However, the final disabled line is also selectable.
>
> Even if I put a final separator and/or disabled label the final line of the menu is still selectable.
>
> Full conf: http://pastebin.com/U6zQVbt6
>
> So there seems to be an edge case scenario that means the final line of a menu is selectable when it should not be.
>
> Any thoughts?

 It was already noted by someone else before
 ( see http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2012-April/017463.html ) but I
 don't know if something was done about it.
 To be accurate, the specific "disabled" menu entry is "selectable" (while
 it shouldn't), but other than that, you can't do anything with it;
 you can't actually take any action, other than to select a different
 entry. In other words, while that last "disabled" menu entry is "selected",
 keys like "tab" and "enter" are not going to do anything.

 Yet, strictly speaking, that menu entry shouldn’t be "selectable".