[syslinux] How to make isolinux.bin only?

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Fri Sep 7 11:31:47 PDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 10:59:07PM +0200, Tomas M wrote:
> Actually I can just run 'make' and everything makes. But that takes
> too much time. My intention is following:
>
> 1) download syslinux sources tarbal
> 2) extract them
> 3) apply my tiny patch to few files for isolinux
> 4) run a command which recompiles just isolinux.bin
> 5) copy newly created isolinux.bin to my destination and cleanup
> everything (remove entire syslinux sources)
>
> For my purposes, I use simply 'make' or 'make -j 4' ... but it is
> several minutes until it recompiles entire syslinux tree. I'm
> searching for a command which will just recompile the isolinux.bin
> (perhaps including the other parts it depends on), to make it much
> quicker.

After some "reverse enginering", I think that this is requested

  make  version.gen
  make -C com32/lib libcomcore.a
  make -C lzo prepcore
  make -C codepage cp865.cp
  make -C core kwdhash.gen
  make -C core isolinux.o
  make -C core isolinux.elf
  make -C core isolinux.raw
  make -C core isolinux.bin

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
> And is there a policy on top-posting vs. bottom-posting?
Yes.