[syslinux] submenus and menu title

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sun Sep 16 09:40:06 PDT 2012

On 09/14/2012 05:32 PM, Gene Cumm wrote:

>> The addition of these two statements (assuming this was the
>> implementation intention) would correct the documentation bug.
>
> HPA, is this documentation alteration the proper intention OR should
> the menu system be corrected, including a change such that the
> tagname, if set, is always shown in the parent and probably an
> additional directive 'MENU INHERITTITLE' to state that the tagname
> should be shown on the parent and the title of the child should be the
> same as the parent.  OR should the tagname not affect the child's
> title?

My general philosophy on these kinds of things:

It is a bad thing to change established behavior (since it might break
people's existing configurations.)  However, if the current behavior is
useless to people AND the corrected behavior would be useful to people,
then it is worth fixing.

I'm not sure this applies here, though, what do you guys think?

Sorry for late replies.  I have been psychotically busy.