[syslinux] submenus and menu title

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 18 08:25:16 PDT 2012

> From: ady-sf at hotmail.com
> To: syslinux at zytor.com
> Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 06:58:44 +0300
> Subject: Re: [syslinux] submenus and menu title
>

> Date sent: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:09:44 -0700
> From: "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com>
> To: For discussion of Syslinux and tftp-hpa
> <syslinux at zytor.com>
> Subject: Re: [syslinux] submenus and menu title
>
> > On 09/16/2012 10:28 AM, Ady wrote:
> > >
> > > 2._ Menu title in the submenu (submenu title).
> > >
> > > This characteristic should be improved, and it also needs adequate
> > > documentation.
> > >

> > Could you explain why? If this has already come up, a pointer is
> > fine... I'm way behind on email.
> >
> > -hpa
> >
> Well, my previous email of this thread summarizes it all (problem and
> solution). See case#4 and case#8. Both cases, currently, result in no
> submenu title being displayed, and there is no case at all where the
> parent menu title is inherited (as docs state).
>
> I am suggesting an improvement, which also leaves the other 6
> (practical) cases intact (backward compatible).
>
> TIA,
> Ady.
Hello hpa,
I'd like to know if you need more info / pointers other than that
 ( http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2012-September/018075.html ).
In addition, I'm already working on updated documentation about submenus for
 [vesa]menu.c32 to be added to the wiki (including my suggestions for
 improvements for "case#4" and "case#8"). Any suggestion about an adequate
 name for such new wiki page?
TIA,
Ady.