[syslinux] cptime/memdisk block size

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Fri Sep 21 23:31:51 PDT 2012

Op 22-9-2012 0:58, H. Peter Anvin schreef:

> MEMDISK doesn't load anything.  Syslinux loads things, and uses a block
> size of (typically) 63.5K which is the maximum supported by EDD 3.0.

Thank you very much for stating this performance limitation to syslinux
core, and likely linux.c32 module as well. I'll refrain from loading too
large ISO/harddisk images this way and stick with operating systems that
support ramdisk loading on their own, like PartedMagic or Knoppix
("knoppix64 toram").

Bernd

PS: "reply to list" ends up with your name/mail instead of syslinux
mailing list, at least under Mozilla Thunderbird 16 platform under Windows.