[syslinux] UEFI boot with memdisk

Velez, Eddie Eddie.Velez at Emulex.Com
Fri Sep 28 15:26:10 PDT 2012

I am getting the following error with memdisk when attempting to boot. I am booting UEFI device using elilo.efi and loading a elilo.conf file with below configuration.  Attached is also a print sceen of the error I am getting about memdisk.

# force chooser to textmenu
chooser=textmenu

delay=20
prompt

#
# the files containing the text (with attributes) to display
#
message=textmenu-message.msg

#
# files to load when the corresponding function key is pressed
#
f1=general.msg
f2=params.msg

image=/images/RHEL6.2-x86_64/vmlinuz
        label=RHEL6.2-x86_64-dvt
        append="append  ksdevice=bootif lang=  kssendmac text  ks=http://192.168.120.254/cblr/svc/op/ks/profile/RHEL6.2-x86_64-dvt"
        initrd=/images/RHEL6.2-x86_64/initrd.img
        read-only
        root=/dev/ram

image=memdisk
        label=Windows
        append="append raw iso initrd=/images/Win2K8-SP2-x86_64/win2k8sp2x64-cm.iso"
        read-only
        root=/dev/ram

[cid:image004.jpg at 01CD9D8D.95FFC7D0]
Eddie Velez
Sr. UNIX System Administrator
2650 N 1st Suit 300
San Jose, CA, 95135
408.904.4136 Office
408.307.1632 Mobile
http://www.emulex.com<http://www.emulex.com/>
This message contains Emulex confidential information intended only for specific recipients and is not to be forwarded to anyone else. If you have received this message in error, please delete it immediately. Thank you.