[syslinux] Regarding: syslinux UEFI boot with memdisk

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sun Sep 30 01:46:34 PDT 2012

OOPS

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 09:58:06AM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 10:26:10PM +0000, Velez, Eddie wrote:
> > I am getting the following error with memdisk when attempting to boot. I
> > am booting UEFI device using elilo.efi and loading a elilo.conf file
> > with below configuration.  Attached is also a print sceen of the error
> > I am getting about memdisk.
> >
>     <snip/>
>

> Hello Eddie,

And it became the whole mailinglist  ...

> Here a moderator of the Syslinux mailinglist.
>
> I don't know with which E-mail address you are subscribed to the Syslinux
> ML.  All I know it that I had to manual let through your posting and
> there are meanwhile several responses on your request.
>
> Enjoy that information and have a nice day.
>

> Cheers
> Geert Stappers
> In an attempt to create awareness of your Syslinux mailing list posting

The probable missing information for most people here,
afterall there were some "out of band" actions:

* Eddie has got a "your mailinglist posting waits approval"
* Stappers let the posting through

I try to avoid private postings to this list, I'm aware of the 'reply to list'.
Time will tell when I make this mistake again :-/

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
> And is there a policy on top-posting vs. bottom-posting?
Yes.