[syslinux] Rock Ridge

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Mon Apr 1 12:40:43 PDT 2013

Hi,

> > The temptation to make use of the integer size waste in ISO 9660
> > should be rejected.

> You mean the dual-endian numbers?  Yes, it is well known that the
> bigendian stuff in ISO 9660 is broken on too many mastering platforms.

Indeed ?
In that case we should let susp_rr.c interpret the little endian ones.
Currently it reads the big endians (out of old habit).
On the other hand, are the broken ones supposed to produce Rock Ridge ?

Shall i make a patch ?

(Actually  i meant the waste to store both byte sexes. Obviously a
 lame compromise so that no operating system has a disadvantage
 by having to convert.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas