[syslinux] Rock Ridge

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 4 09:20:59 PDT 2013

Hi Thomas,

Since I am not a developer, the following comments may or may not be
relevant to the current RR addition to Syslinux.

Recently, Pete Batard, developer of RUFUS, found some issue(s)
between RUFUS and ArchLinux ISO images. It turned out to be related
to some exception regarding Rock Ridge / ISO9660 translations in
libcdio.

FWIW, Pete pointed to:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libcdio.git;a=blob;f=src/iso-inf
o.c;#l242

and his workaround / solution for RUFUS regarding this issue was:

https://github.com/pbatard/rufus/commit/97576d79cbc180dd9509b1d7144107
261c6d58a3

In a nutshell (quoting Pete), when using libcdio and RR, you should
not call on iso9660_name_translate_ext() on the filename attribute of
the iso9660_stat_t struct you process, but instead use the name
returned as is.

Thanks go to Pete Batard.

This issue may or may not be relevant to RR in Syslinux. My apologies
if it is
not.

Regards,
Ady.