[syslinux] ifcpu[64].c32 functions drop to command line

John McDonnell mcdonnjd at pcam.org
Mon Apr 29 21:05:09 PDT 2013

> On Behalf Of Mattias Schlenker
>
> I have been running into the same issue recently. 5.10-pre2 might fix it.
> Could you please test if the bug mentioned still appears in your
> constellation with this package:
>
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/5.10/syslin
> ux-5.10-pre2.tar.xz
>
> Regards,
> Mattias

Thanks, I'll give it a try now. (And will wait to send the e-mail until after I have tried. VPNs are such evil things that have me doing work from home long after I should have stopped working... lol)

And now for the results of testing 5.10-pre2... I'm now getting an error message stating: Initial menu has no LABEL entries!

But when manually entering my label for System Rescue (rescuecd) it does seem to detect that I'm on a 64-bit machine and attempts to load http://****/rescue64 but fails to load it with a No such file or directory error. However if I enter http://****/rescue64 into my browser, it does download the file, so I know it is actually there.

I'll take a look to see if I can figure out why my menu doesn't load in 5.10-pre2 and if something different needs to be done for HTTP booting my kernel/initrd/etc. Been up for about 20 hours now after 3 hours of sleep, so not sure I'll be able to find it. If I can't and I don't get any pointers before I head to bed, I'll take another look when I get back into work.

Thanks once again for your help and time.

--
John D McDonnell