[syslinux] Kernel selection by hardware?

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Fri Aug 2 01:22:56 PDT 2013

Mattias Schlenker <ms at mattiasschlenker.de> wrote:

> I once ran into a quite similar problem, but solved it with a simple
> kernel that ran on every machine and some initramfs magic with a
> statically compiled kexec contained in intramfs that loaded the special
> kernel (in this case via network) and kexec'd it.

The Problem with this aproach is, that I would need to be able to somehow
pass the encryption key of the root filesystem to the kexec'd kernel, which
I didn't manage to do yet. Passing it via commandline options would make it
visible via /proc/commandline and probably not a good Idea.

Sven

--
"Das Einzige wovor wir Angst haben müssen ist die Angst selbst"
						(Franklin D. Roosevelt)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web