[syslinux] bug in syslinux 6.01 with gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L

Barto mister.freeman at laposte.net
Fri Aug 2 02:53:15 PDT 2013

Hello,

I didn't try 6.02-pre15, I will do and I will post the results,

my keyboard is a PS/2 model, the "legacy USB storage option" is enabled,

I tried also an USB keyboard but there is no change, so it's not a
keyboard problem, it probably something in syslinux ( ldlinux.sys ? )
who create a serious bug with my motherboard,

I tried also with a USB HDD ( not a flash drive ) and it's the same
problem, system freezes with syslinux 6.01,

something in syslinux 6.01 seems to trigger a bug when I boot with a
gigabyte motherboard GA-P31-DS3L,

with an older version of syslinux ( 4.04 ) it's ok, no bugs, maybe with
5.x versions of syslinux it will work also