[syslinux] build for ARM (rpi)

Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 5 14:40:02 PDT 2013

Geert Stappers wrote:
> Op 2013-08-05 om 16:11 schreef Dash Four:
>
>> Geert Stappers wrote:

>>> Welcome to the world outside of x86
>>>
>> What's that supposed to mean?
>>

> As it says 'Welcome to the world outside of x86'
>
> It is a "Welcome", so a friendly greeting.
> And it implies that you are entering a new world.
>
> Feel comfortable, you are about to learn more about your known (x86 only) world
> by discovering a new world, this time the Rpi world. You will see
> different bootloaders, cross-compilers, executable formats.

You can take that patronising crap you've written above and shove it
back where the sun doesn't shine, sweetheart! I have asked for help on a
specific topic (and yes, I know what the world outside x86 looks like,
thank you very much) - if you are unwilling/unable to provide it, please
move along, there is nothing to see here.

> Back to the original topic:
>
>   Reconsider the (hard??) dependency on Syslinux by "livecd-creator".
>

> Or even to use something else as a "CD creator"

livecd-creator is the tool I use to build my images as I have been doing
for the best part of 10 years. I use it, because it does the dirty work
for me and it (usually) works well, so that I don't have to execute
various shell scripts and build that image "manually" so to speak.

I've managed to thwart the syslinux dependencies by creating a "dummy"
package, so I resolved my little conundrum for the time being.