[syslinux] build for ARM (rpi)

Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 5 14:40:17 PDT 2013

Gene Cumm wrote:
> On Aug 5, 2013 1:33 PM, "Geert Stappers" <stappers at stappers.nl> wrote:
>
>> Op 2013-08-05 om 16:11 schreef Dash Four:
>>

>> Back to the original topic:
>>
>>   Reconsider the (hard??) dependency on Syslinux by "livecd-creator".
>>

> Looks like open source to me.  Probably a bunch of python scripts. Why not
> modify it for your use? Even better, figure out its command-line/configs
> and do it modularly and contribute it?

Livecd-creator is part of the livecd-tools package, which is indeed open
source and although it contains python scripts, it is arch-dependent. If
I had the time to study every little bit of software which gives me
problems in order to "modify" it, I won't have time to do anything else,
so that simply isn't going to happen.

>> Or even to use something else as a "CD creator"
>>

> Or build creator.

As if that's going to happen.