[syslinux] pxechain.com and gpxelinux.0 odd behavior

Hans Lellelid hans at velum.net
Thu Aug 8 16:14:23 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:

> On 08/08/2013 10:05 AM, Hans Lellelid wrote:
> >
> > label cobbler
> > COM32 pxechn.c32
> > append tftp://172.20.30.10/lpxelinux.0
> >
> > This specific example (using lpxelinux.0) refuses to load the http-url
> > kernel from my cobbler box, but if I use non-URL paths (i.e. TFTP) for
> > kernel and initrd it works just fine.
> >

> Does that include a URL-path for TFTP?
>
> Any useful messages on the screen?
>
> What do you mean with "refuses"?
>
> Any chance you could make a packet trace (e.g. using wireshark)?
>
>         -hpa

Sorry, I will give some better output tomorrow.  I think when this happened
I was still using menu.c32 so I didn't see any output, it just reloaded the
menu.  But I will respond back tomorrow after trying this with more
scientific rigour.  I might be able to do the packet trace, though that may
be a little tricky to orchestrate since these are all ESXi VMs.

Cheers,
Hans