[syslinux] com32 module compatibility between 5.x versions

Pete Batard pete at akeo.ie
Fri Aug 9 10:54:34 PDT 2013

On 2013.08.09 16:24, Bernd Blaauw wrote:
>> Sorry.  If you are substituting any files you should substitute them all.
>
> I assume it's not possible to store a copy of the LDLINUX.SYS binary at
> the end or inside of either ISOLINUX.BIN or LDLINUX.C32 then?

That's good thinking, and would indeed be great help.

 From where I stand, the idea that someone using an ISO will only ever
use it in optical media mode (either real or emulated) is a thing of the
past.

These days, you can be almost certain that someone will attempt to use a
bootable ISO to create a bootable USB. So if the bootable system
installed on the ISO took that into consideration from the get go, that
would help a lot.

Also, if the best answer I get is that I'll just have to be creative
with trying to compensate for the version lockdown, could I at least get
an answer to my question of how one can determine the exact version of a
.c32 file?

Regards,

/Pete